Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 3

1)

2) I received a lot of great feedback from my elevator pitch like asking people to invest directly and telling them exactly what it will do for them. I got a better idea of how to get investors and how to make people believe in what I am doing. I also got a lot of feedback about  beating the competition and it surprised me that people were already thinking about this because I have never heard of it before.

3) I changed the way I filmed the video to be more stable and professional looking and I changed the way I addressed potential investors so that they knew exactly what I needed from them and what was in it for them.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Katie! I think that coffee delivery is a great idea, you can definitely grow this and create a good business out of it. I feel there would be great demand for a service that offers coffee, especially through the usage of an user friendly app. One thing I would suggest is to stress the importance of expanding your brand, as you will be taking on giants like Starbucks and their prime locations. This is where your advantage (easy, inexpensive delivery) comes into play. All that is left is to spread the word as much as possible and make sure you are able to properly meet demand once the business grows. You can check my blog here: http://agarciaent3003.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    Great idea! You shouldn’t just limit your company to just coffee! you should have pastries and other snacks. Did you know that panera will soon be getting in the deliver market? How would that affect your company?

    A suggest when you film is to flip your camera horizontally, this will boost your production value and keep viewers tuned in. Other than that keep up the good work, feel free to leave a comment on my post.

    http://qdesousaent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/ent-3003-elevator-pitch-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie!
    This idea sounds like Jimmy Johns but even better!!!! If you keep the prices fair people will totally use this idea because coffee is in high demand in a college town. I love how you talk about why investors should invest in your company and how you are going to beat the competition. I think the suggestion of pastries and light snacks from the person above is a good one as well. Just make sure you keep hot coffee hot and cold coffee cold because if the delivery person has to wait or travel minutes away the temperature of the coffee could decrease. Your idea rocks and so do you! You should check out my pitch about a coffee shop that I want to open up in the Gainesville area:
    http://rmathisonent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea but I think you may need to evaluate cost of goods compared to what price point you could offer. Also I think you will have already established competition because there is a coffee shop on every corner and food delivery can also offer coffee. Going through the exercise of evaluating all actual costs to determine price and quantity needed to yield a profit will be very valuable in any future ventures. Good luck.

    https://mcardle526.wordpress.com/2016/03/16/elevator-pitch-no-3/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of having coffee delivered to me. Walking to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts and having to wait in line is never fun, especially when you need to study or work. Your pitch was good but there were a few pauses in it. Other than that, you did a good job getting your idea across.

    ReplyDelete