Saturday, February 27, 2016

Week 8 Reading Reflection

1) Something that surprised me from the reading was the idea of social lending. I have never heard of this before but it is a brilliant idea. I love this because I feel like the people on these websites might really believe in what you are doing and that's why the lend you the money. The fact that they have given over $500 million in loans and I have never heard about it is crazy.
2) The SCOR exemption rules confused me a lot because I didn't quite understand what they were being exempt from. Stocks in general kind of confuse me but all the rules along with them made it even more confusing for me.
3) How do the sophisticated investors know the risk involved with brand new companies that people don't know much about?
What specific kind of ventures were started with under $500?
4) I don't know that the author was wrong but I am definitely skeptical of the idea of starting a venture with just $500. It seems unrealistic to me and would of loved some specific examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment