1) My strategy was to use a lot of phrases that were particular to my post and that way whenever anyone was looking for it they could find it. By making longer posts I was able to draw more traffic and by keeping my content fresh and relevant I could draw more attention.
2) A lot of my key words were specific to the post. There weren't many that I was using repetitively to really drive something home. I don't think one buzz word will keep your blog popping up, but I drove traffic by putting links to my blog in a lot of places.
3) I should have utilized Facebook more to drive traffic. Most people come from Facebook instead of other blogs, while I attempted to drive most of my traffic from other blogs. None of these blogs had much traffic though, so I should have exposed it to a bigger market.
4) My most viral post was the free money one. People really enjoyed it because it was so bizarre and because videos tend to draw more people than text.
5) I thought the word ENT would be a keyword and would bring people to my blog but it turns out so many people are ear nose and throats that I couldn't find my blog anywhere in google results! That's unfortunate.
I definitely think that you had a good strategy in searching for very specific key words to try to attempt to find your page. Hopefully, in the future, you will not have to do this. Hopefully one day you can search Katie Austin and all the initial results are directly linked to you.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck,
Alex
Check out my blog at alexanderdavidknight.blogspot.com