My product is a healthy food and smoothie cafe that uses only organic ingredients. We will serve sandwiches, pizza, salads, smoothies, and juice. Our sandwiches, salads, and pizza are $5.50 a piece, and our smoothies are $4.99. We will also have a gluten free bread and pizza crust for a $1.00 up charge.
Customers will value our product because we are selling healthy food at a really low price. I think college students avoid healthy options because they are often too expensive for them, but we will become their first choice food because they will feel great after eating it and it won't cost them much. People will also come in because we will be one of few healthy options in midtown and the only healthy option open late night. We will attract people coming from the library and coming back from the bars. Our biggest competitor is Grill Fresh but they will be serving a different kind of food than us and they are way more expensive. Our location defines our venture plan because our business is built for the students of UF. I would hire on 3-4 employees as we started out and do a lot of the work myself to save money until we began turning a profit. My employees would prepare the food and smoothies and clean the cafe.
Our secret sauce will be our only organic food. No one is doing this in Gainesville so it will draw a lot of people to us. We will also have an app that will allow you to order ahead and pick up your food already prepared for you. Customers love convenience.
The next step for the cafe would be to offer baked goods and coffee and create a great study environment for students to come study at.
The goal is to be working minimum hours at the midtown store and be opening a new location in downtown Gainesville.
My peers gave me wonderful feedback about my venture idea. They thought my cafe fit really well in Gainesville because of how much Gainesville prefers local eating. Some great ideas they gave me were to offer gluten free and vegan options at my store because those people would probably already be drawn to my cafe. I also loved the piece of advice to create an app that allows people to order ahead so that my customers could just drop in and pick it up. I love when things are convenient to me so I thought this would be a great addition to my business plan. I incorporated all the feedback I received into my venture concept because I agreed with every criticism and idea I got back.
Good morning Katie, your food idea sounds delicious! I've made a similar switch in my own diet so I understand what's going on with the market. I'd question how you are able to provide these items as inexpensively as you are. I don't live in Gainesville so is midtown cheaper on rent? I know with the movement towards healthier options perhaps this creates bigger demand and higher prices for the sources for these products making it more expensive for you. Not sure how you wouldn't pass this on to customers unless there are some upselling opportunities in the business. I just know that since I made a switch towards healthier living my grocery bill has doubled at least! Good luck with everything! http://rustywinter.com/venture-concept-2-week-15/
ReplyDeleteKatie, I think all of your ideas with this business are really good. My business idea is very similar- all about healthy food. You have a good market for this in Gainesville with all of the students that are consistently looking for healthier options. Combined with the convenience factor, your business plan has a lot of good things going for it. Overall, I am definitely impressed Katie. Like I said, my idea is about health food as well, so check out my blog here : http://entrepreneurshipleslie.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-no-2.html
ReplyDeleteHey,
ReplyDeleteIt’s becoming more and more popular to eat healthy, so it’s definitely a good idea to open up a place that’ll serve fresh, healthy and organic food. I feel like the biggest challenge you’ll face is that many of those pro-health eating people simply cook at home to make sure everything is really healthy. If you actually get them to come out of their houses, you have a good shot at being proftiable!
Hi Katie,
ReplyDeleteI think that you have a great business, now days with all the fast food restaurants, obesity have become a very significant problem due to the easy access to the unhealthy foods. However, I think you may need to be a some what more diverse to stand out from the existing restaurants that provides the healthy options. Even fast food restaurants are catering for healthier choice too. Here is the link to my venture concept, http://jzent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-2.html, check it out if you have time!
Hi Katie! I love your venture concept! I love healthy foods and love feeling good. Also, I agree with the lack of late night healthy conscious foods in Gainesville. Smoothies married to a healthy food cafe sounds like a great place for people to come together and really enjoy their experience. Who doesn't like smoothies?! If your smoothies total up to 5 dollars and your foods total up to 5.50 dollars, I think that you should raise your price to at least 6 dollars. Good start by spotting your competitors and knowing what you're up against. Great array of options like vegan and gluten free! Overall, Great job!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my Venture Concept No. 2!
http://nazani95.blogspot.com/2016/04/venture-concept-no2-week-15.html
I want to share a testimony on how Le_Meridian funding service helped me with loan of 2,000,000.00 USD to finance my marijuana farm project , I'm very grateful and i promised to share this legit funding company to anyone looking for way to expand his or her business project.the company is funding company. Anyone seeking for finance support should contact them on lfdsloans@outlook.com Or lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Mr Benjamin is also on whatsapp 1-989-394-3740 to make things easy for any applicant.
ReplyDelete