Looking back on my interview with Morgan, I see that I knew nothing about being an entrepreneur. I remember being so nervous talking to him because I didn't even know what the word entrepreneur really even meant. He taught me so much. I was so inspired to "dive in" like he said and creature a venture out of something I am good at.
How did you have the money to start your own business?
"I did it much differently than most people. I don't do loans. I saved up enough from my previous job and quit when I finally had enough. I took a risk because that was all the money I had. I don't believe in loans."
What characteristic is most important in an entrepreneur?
"Perseverance. Hands down. You will fail many, many, many times. You will have to get back up and keep fighting. If you fight hard enough you will succeed."
What is your last piece of advice for me as I wrap up my entrepreneur class?
"Keep your feet on the ground. Be ready to admit failure quickly so you can move on. Also, don't do it if you don't love it."
I can't believe it's been a whole semester already. I learned so much in this class and it all started with this interview. Morgan shaped the way I looked at this course. I knew I had to do something with coffee because I love it and I'm passionate about it. My ideas never measured up to much but at least I can continue to develop them. Going back to Morgan for the second time and telling him about my venture idea he seemed proud of me. He knew I still had a lot to learn and a lot of school to finish but I think he believed in me.
Katie, I enjoyed reading your post about Morgan. I think its neat that he didn't take out a loan and saved up enough money to start his venture. This can be challenging as leverage can be very beneficial if you run a successful business, but he also has all the liability on himself which is cool. Maybe one day we'll do the same! Check out my blog post here:http://keifermcclainent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html
ReplyDeleteHello Katie. I think you did a fantastic job on this interview. At least you were able to go out and find a entrepreneur to interview. I wasn’t able to do it. It’s amazing that he was able to save up enough money to start his own business. Most people aren’t able to do that. Even more so, most aren’t willing to take that risk.
ReplyDeleteHey Katie,
ReplyDeleteI was also nervous the first time I interviewed an entrepreneur. It was normal. We knew little about entrepreneurship. Now, we are a lot more comfortable talking about the topic. Morgan gave you some great life advice. I also cannot believe the semester is over. It went by so fast. Good luck with your venture idea.
Check out my post: http://tylermurton.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html