Thursday, February 11, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1

Hi my name is Katie Austin. I am a marketing major and my talents are social media, marketing, and cooking. My aspiration is to open up a cafe and juice bar in midtown that is open late night. The cafe would play a huge role in my life, especially until it turns enough revenue for me not to work there full time. The cafe will serve healthy food and organic smoothies and will be open until 2am. My customers are students and UF employees who are looking for a healthy alternative. I know that it will attract drunk people who are leaving the bars, but more so students who are up late studying. The thing my customers will have in common is that they value their health and may be up late into the night for some reason.  I want to open the cafe and juice bar for the students who leave the library late and can only get a greasy bag of fries to satisfy their hunger. Healthy food is so important and we need a late night healthy option near campus. Our food, juice, and smoothies will be high quality food that people will want to buy, not even just at late hours. The cafe and juice bar is set apart from everything else in midtown because of the quality of the food. There is nothing in midtown as healthy and there is a demand for healthy food.

My idea is great for the most part. The only part that doesn't really go with the rest is the drunk people who want food when leaving the bar. I don't actually suspect that drunk people will want to eat that healthy of food, so they will probably not be a potential customer to market to.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,
    I think a healthy food option would be a great addition to campus especially if it is still open after most places close. I think you have a great idea with a lot of potential. I agree that you might get the occasional drunk customer but that for the most part they will go elsewhere. If you would like to check out my Idea Napkin blog post you can read it here: http://www.emmastetterent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie I enjoyed reading your post. I am sure that drunk people wont really mind eating healthy food. It seems like the only reason they are forced to eat gross food is because that is the only thing that is there. Have you heard of 3 Natives? They use a similar concept and it is working quite well for them. They will turnout to be a huge competitor. You may want to look into talking to them and getting an idea for the business discussed. Great idea though, and I know I would enjoy going there. http://boyettblog12.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie,

    I think this is a great idea! I know I often crave something healthy later at night, but every where that serves these types of things usually closes before 5 o'clock. I hope to open a business that I will one day have someone else manage while still making a profit. College campuses need this to help counter the unhealthy food we tend to consume due to the lack of healthy late night options we have!

    Here is the link to my blog if you are interested:
    http://poecr.blogspot.com/2016/02/napkin-idea-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy alternatives are definitely harder to find. Fast food is so convenient… and so often terrible for you as a result. Smoothies are a great idea, but you might also consider “grab and go” easy foods to replace chips and cookies and the like. Maybe consider sliced apples (with optional Nutella for a slightly less healthy, but delicious sweet treat) or carrots/celery and hummus. Good luck with your cafe!

    You can read about my idea at
    http://ufent3003jt.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete