2) I think I talked to the right people last time. College students are my target group for late night food, so I stuck with interviewing college students.
3) This time around, I tweaked my interview questions to gauge whether or not the person I was interviewing ate healthily normally. I also asked them to identify how many restaurants open late offered healthy food.
4)
5) I learned that I was correct in assuming people wanted a healthy option when they are going out to eat late at night. I think there could be a huge opportunity here.
6)
1)Use your resources. I asked people at large group meetings in organizations if I could interview them. It's less scary this way.
2) Be confident and act like you know what you are doing.
3) Engage with the customers before you interview them to make them more comfortable.
Hi Katie,
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed reading (and watching) your blog post. I am a big fan of your potential opportunity for a number of reasons. First, I would love to have the ability to satisfy a late night craving with food that I won't regret in the morning. Second, I am tired of seeing the same old disgusting fast food chains all over our country. Lastly, we both are exploring similar ideas for our unmet opportunity. You offered fantastic tips towards the end of the post. I use tip 2&3 myself, therefore I can say they work! Check out my interviews if you have some spare time!
Richard
http://richardjeffries.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2.html
Hey Katie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this blog post and video, I really enjoyed watching. I think the opportunity you picked to interview strangers on is a large issue here on the University of Florida campus that needs to be solved. Healthier options are needed in Gainesville for students to maintain a healthy lifestyle!
Here is the link to my blog, check it out when you get the chance!
http://ent3003nicole.blogspot.com/2016/01/customer-interviews-1.html
Katie,
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this idea. Late night food options are always a necessity in any college town but it always seems to be cheap and incredibly unhealthy food. As someone who likes to maintain a relatively healthy lifestyle I think this idea has huge potential. Your interview questions were perfectly tailored to give you beneficial information on your idea. This business idea has the potential to take off if put into action. Here is my customer interview post, check it out http://chrispate25.blogspot.com/2016/02/week-5-interviewing-customers-2.html
I think you did a great job with your interviews. I think your questions were very insightful and developed well to give you the best responses from the interviewees. I really like your idea. I usually get hungry late at night and have to settle for a McDonalds or Steak n Shake run which gets really gross after a while, so I think a healthy late night option is definitely needed.
ReplyDeleteGreat job Katie!
ReplyDeleteI think you did a really good job at interviewing people and getting your points across. I not only agree with the product that you're trying to put out there, but as well as how you're going about researching the market. Being able to remain calm while interviewing someone can be difficult, especially if it's a stranger. I also like how you prompted these people with the question of whether or not they knew of any late night healthy options. keep it up!
Hey Katie,
ReplyDeleteI really like your idea. I would love to have healthier late night options. I don't know how many times I've craved food at night, but felt so guilty for ordering pizza or wings. Especially after staying healthy all day, it's just a horrible thing, but there aren't any more options. I think your interviews went great, you seem really natural asking the questions. We're supposed to put the link to our blogs so here's mine http://triedbloggingendeduponpinterest.blogspot.com/2016/02/round-2-of-interviews-ding-ding-ding.html