I asked each potential customer the following questions:
1) What time do you think most food establishments in Gainesville close?
2) Tell me about your last late night eating experience.
3) Name between 1 and 3 food places close to campus that are open late?
4) Would you say you are satisfied, moderate, or dissatisfied with the amount of food establishments open late in Gainesville?
I found it super uncomfortable to approach strangers and ask them to participate. My strategy was to talk to them for a little bit before actually beginning the filming so that we would both be more comfortable around each other. No one turned me down to be interviewed though, so I think people are less inconvenienced by being interviewed than I thought.
Hi Katie, I can definitely understand the frustration of not having enough places to eat on campus with convenient hours! It seems that you were really able to find an unmet need that most students can agree on!
ReplyDeleteKatie,
ReplyDeleteI really like your business idea. I would definitely appreciate more food options in the evening hours especially items that can be delivered. Another factor to consider might be healthy options as well. For example, McDonalds and pizza hut are open at 3am but they don't serve anything I would want to eat if I'm trying to be eat better.I didn't complete this assignment so I can't share my post on it but you should check out the online blog directory for other student posts!
Hi Katie,
ReplyDeleteI am an online student and live in Orlando. So I can't feel your pain. (so to speak) Orlando has many late night eating establishments.
It seems that you have come up with a great opportunity that is needed there in Gainsville. You did a great job on your interviews.
Good luck with the rest of your semester,
-Dallin
Please take a look at my blog as well. http://dallinj.blogspot.com/
Katie,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed watching these videos! I myself am a late night snacker, so this is a great opportunity you found for students. Your voice didn't seem nervous at all so great job really feeling out your audience before you started filming. Delivering late night food could really keep students awake during long hours of studying, since we are all super busy anyway we sometimes forget to eat. I would absolutely invest! Can't wait to see your business idea develop into something awesome. Maybe I will be ordering from you in the future! Good luck
I enjoyed watching your interviews! Your idea of more late night options is simple and seems like it would be a no-brainer in a big college town! I am currently doing a semester abroad and I was super excited to see that so many places stay open late. The late night food establishments really cater to the college age demographic and I would love to see more of these places in Gainesville as well.
ReplyDelete