The thing that surprised me the most was how many of the myths about entrepreneurship I believed to be true. I think I to some extent believed every single myth they addressed. I think the myth I was most stunned by is that entrepreneurs aren't always inventors, in fact a lot of them just have innovative ideas. I think this myth is what makes people separate themselves from the field of entrepreneurship the most because we often associate inventors with geniuses and prodigies. We often believe the lie that you cannot learn to be an entrepreneur, but are born an inventor, genius, prodigy, etc.
Another thing that took me by surprise was that the risk associated with entrepreneurship is actually pretty moderate. The texts described the research and excessive planning that went into new ventures and how much that minimizes the risk for entrepreneurs.
The concept of fair trade as opposed to free trade confused me because the text did not really address the movement towards fair trade. The text mostly described the problems people see with free trade, but did not give much insight in to how fair trade would resolve these problems, or even really what fair trade was. I would love to read more about fair trade because global issues really interest me.
I would love to ask the author more about social entrepreneurship. How it works? what kind of profit is there in that sector of entrepreneurship? How much of the entrepreneurship field is made up of social entrepreneurs? I would love to learn everything there is to know about social entrepreneurship because it is a trend in the twenty first century and because helping people is my passion. I want to hear stories of social entrepreneurs experiences, so that I may learn and be inspired by their ventures.
I don't think I disagreed with the author but rather a statement in the text that in no way reflected the authors thoughts. I disagreed with us moving toward a different trade system because small factories in America were shutting down due to work being outsourced to neighboring countries. As American's we tend to think nationally, not globally, and that affects the way we care for other people. We have the opportunity to provide jobs to people in other countries who often need it more than us, yet we jump at the opportunity to take that away and help ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment