Morgan Mills is an entrepreneur because after working for a roofing company and hating the way it was run, he stepped out and created his own roofing company.
What should my expectations be in this course?
-You should expect to challenge your mind to begin thinking like an entrepreneur, so that you can begin to see the things you want to change. You should also expect to modify the way you have viewed the field of entrepreneurship.
What does it mean to be an entrepreneur?
"Being an entrepreneur simply means you run the business yourself and you put a whole lot of money into doing that. To me it means getting to operate my business exactly the way I want it to."
What do you think I should learn in an entrepreneurship course?
"I think you should learn the in's and outs of being an entrepreneur, the financial side of it, how to market your services, how to be an effective manager, but mostly that you just need to dive in- you will learn the most from the experience itself."
What do you wish you had been taught in school before setting out on your own path as an entrepreneur?
"You don't always have to be the most innovate in your field, you just have to be the best at what you are good at. You also need to be willing to ask for help because you will need it."
Through my interview with Morgan I realized that the best way to become an entrepreneur is to find the holes in the field you are in. Morgan saw holes in the company he was working for and created a better roofing company. I think he just reinforced what we have been learning through our "Bug List" assignment, that we need to learn to see the problems and find solutions to them. I also found it really honest that he said, "you will learn the most from the experience itself." Since I am a very hands on learner, I think that I will absolutely learn the most when I am thrown into the work force.
No comments:
Post a Comment