Thursday, January 7, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story

The only real experience I have had with entrepreneurship is through one of my family friends who started his own bottled alkaline water company. Kolton and his partner actually thought up the idea while in an entrepreneurial class at Baylor. They were both student athletes and wanted to create a health drink and donate some of the profits to a local charity, A Glimmer of Hope. It was so cool to hear about a friend of mine who created something out of his two passions, sports and service. I think Kolton's success with Whol-E Water taught me that if I want to be successful as an entrepreneur, I have to create something out of my passions rather than just something that will make me money!

I took ENT because I have always been interested in the idea of creating something of my own, but I never really knew how in the world I would go about it. Like Kolton, I have always had a passion for serving people and my dream is to create a water filter or sanitation system that would be affordable and accessible for people in third world countries. I hope to learn about realistic ways to approach my huge dreams throughout this course.





2 comments:

  1. Hey Katie, that's awesome that you got experience in a business that's similar to what you're looking to do. I think you have a great idea for a company that will positively impact a lot of people. I also hope to give back to charity with some of the earnings of a clothing brand I plan to start but you seem to be more focused on the philanthropy aspect. I can also relate to how you really seem to know what you want to do in the future. Check out my entrepreneurship story here to see if we have anything else in common. http://dbaltar.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,

    I couldn't agree with you more about the idea that true creativity stems from passion rather than greed. You're friend seems to have been able to take his passions to the next level and help a lot of other people out along the way. Im confident that by the end of this course, we will both have the tools to take our own passions and turn them into a career of our own.

    ReplyDelete